Chapter 51: Jyväskylä, Church Talk, Punnu

 Tuesday October 8, 2024 (But really, weeks ago)

Greetings, welcome back to yet another email that I haven't written yet. This week we had ZL splits in a city called Jyväskylä. I got to ride the train through Riihimäki which was one of the cities in my first area, so that was super cool. Anyways though, while in Jyväskylä I got to go teach a lesson with Vanhin Smith who was from my MTC district if you recall, we taught this guy named Yh, very interesting name, but such an awesome guy. We talked about The Book of Mormon and the identity of Jesus Christ. He lived every second and was sad I was only there for the day haha. Afterwards, wr all met up and went to a Jehovah's Witness Kingdom hall that they had invited the ZLs to. It was a super cool experience and always awesome to see the faith in others. The next morning we took a train to Lahti for DC and ate at a members house. I don't remember if I mentioned her in my emails from way back, but she's super awesome and she always makes the best food. A top tier member here in Finland for sure! After we got back from DC it was pretty late so we went to bed, but the next morning we woke up to give an elderly man in our ward a blessing and helping him out with taking out the trash in his house. I spent most of the week writing a talk for church on Sunday. I can send the English version at the end of this email in case yall want to read it. We had one friend come to church, it was super cool and one of our members invited him to eat with us after the meeting which was super awesome! We had good lessons this week with our friends, where we taught the 1st lesson to them. All of our friends loved it and were really interested to hear more. We also taught our friend Joyce about prophets, we had a good discussion about Joseph Smith and his role as a leader of our church. Overall a great week, enjoy reading my talk, and enjoy the next email right now. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 2: The Traveling Tie Vendor (the MTC)

Chapter 3: Elder Andersen Visit!

Chapter 24: The Snow Strikes Back! The Legend of Kasun, Learning Russian?