Chapter 45: Muumi World, Transfer News, Berry Farm, The Barbell Heist!

 Tuesday August 20, 2024

Hey everyone, this was a legendary week for sure! I went to Muumi World!!! If you've been following my time in Finland for some time now, then you probably know about my obsession with Muumi, and luckily in Turku, they have a little amusement park type island that's everything Muumi, and it's only open during the summer, so we were already so lucky, but we also had a friend whose a member here in Turku and she works there and got us in for FREE! It was awesome, it was a really fun time and a great day all around. We played volleyball with a ton of people in the city for pros that night too. On Wednesday, we as a district went over to a members garden that grew tons of vegetables and berries and picked them, it was so fun! They also made us some amazing smoked salmon which was delicious. After that we met up with Our friend Jere who came to pancake night that night as well and I got to say goodbye and all of that. On Thursday we got Transfer news! I'm going to an eastern city in Finland called Kouvola, and I'm going with Elder Johnston! It's going to be hype over there, especially because there's a city called Kotka in our area that tons of people say is one of the most beautiful places in Finland, so I'll have to check that out. Elder Chandler is staying in Turku but he's switching apartments. So we started taking a lot of his stuff from our apartment now to his future one. We also decided that we were going to take all of the gym weights too, and that was a challenge to take them across the entire city, but we managed haha. I got to say goodbye to a lot of the friends at sports night, it's sad to say goodbye, but i'm really looking forward to this transfer. Yesterday we got transferred, so now I'm in Kouvola, its a smaller city which is always fun because it's a big grind, so I'm excited. Although i unfortunately had to say goodbye to my trainer Elder Torgersen as he just went home, so that was a big tragedy. I also had to say goodbye to Chandler and that was sad, I love that brother. But that's about it for this week, nothing much else to really talk about, just busy as always and trying to improve my Finnish haha, see you guys in the next email

With his trainer, Elder Torgenson

                                                                Elder Torgenson's funeral?


                                                                          Elder Chandler 


                                                                                        

                                                                         Elder Chandler



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 2: The Traveling Tie Vendor (the MTC)

Chapter 3: Elder Andersen Visit!

Chapter 24: The Snow Strikes Back! The Legend of Kasun, Learning Russian?