Chapter 40: Lukas Baptism, Happy Birthday to Me

 Monday July 15, 2024

So being the person I am, I wanted to set a goal that the first thing that I'd do when I was 19 would be to workout, that it would be the first decision I make in my mind. So I was sleeping on the 2nd when all of a sudden, at 3:37 am July 3rd I woke up, and I was not about to break my promise, so at 3:37 am, I jumped out of bed and instantly starting working out, it was hauska. After going back to sleep after the little workout I did, the rest of my birthday was really fun. Elder Chandler had decorated the apartment which was super sweet. After another workout at 7 am, we went to the Church and the sisters made pancakes for my birthday, they were awesome! Later in the day we went with Luka to a buffet that was super good, we talked about his baptism and what that was going to look like the next day. He bought a cologne for me as a gift, it smells awesome. We ate again later that day with a member who prepared a cake for my birthday. The member really likes to customize cakes so they made a cake with. Barbell on it which was awesome. After pancake night the APs came for splits and they got me a muumi phone ring for my birthday. Overall my birthday was great and definitely a day to be remembered. July 4th, happy birthday America haha, but even more special was Lukas baptism that day. It was an awesome day, he's been so prepared ever since we got him, he's been counting down the days until his baptism for a long time, I'm so glad he finally got to make this covenant with God. It was a beautiful baptism, so many members came to support him and make food for afterwards, and lots of the youth made it as well which was great for him. It was a truly amazing day. The following day we did some member work, and helped out a struggling member with some questions. The rest of the week went pretty normal, although we had one person who we met on the street come to church which was awesome! Overall a great week, especially with Lukas baptism. It was a really powerful spiritual experience to see him make this covenant with God. There's really not that much more I can say about it. Yay for Luka!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 2: The Traveling Tie Vendor (the MTC)

Chapter 3: Elder Andersen Visit!

Chapter 24: The Snow Strikes Back! The Legend of Kasun, Learning Russian?