Chapter 33: Temples
Monday May 27, 2024
Hey yall, this is the email for last week, I was just really busy last P day so I didn't write one, I thought a lot about temples though and their importance, so I'll put my little thing in at the end about that. All of our friends are progressing though and the Finnish is coming and getting better every day. Summer is here and it's sooooo green, it's a whole other place than when i first arrived in Finland but it's awesome. Overall it's a good place so stay tuned for tomorrow's email because there will be some funny stories haha.
Love yall!
One thing I wanna talk about today is temples. We believe a temple to be The House of The Lord, it is there that we perform many works for ourselves, and works for those on the next life. Jesus wants us to serve others, and love others as he loves us. Going to the temple is a great service for the spirits in the next life. It is promised as we serve in the temple that we will be blessed. However, today I wanted to focus more on the other great job of the temple, which is to help ourselves. Because temples are The Houses of The Lord, the spirit inside is stronger there than it is anywhere. When we have questions or concerns, the best place we can be is the temple. Remember that the temple is not for perfect people, but rather imperfect people. I feel like some members in the church confuse the qualifications for a temple visit. Lots of people may wonder "am I worthy enough to enter into the temple" or even worse declare themselves not good enough to enter into the temple. This is not good, if you are struggling with something, if you are suffering, if you want to grow and become better, if you want the answers to your questions then there is no place better for you to go than the temple. The mindsets that "I'm too great of a sinner" or "I've made too many mistakes" or "I'm not worthy" are truly the most evil of thoughts. Think about it, who do you know that goes into the temple who is completely perfect. There is not a single person, participant, or worker in those walls that is without sin, that isn't fighting something. As a worker I can promise that I was far from perfect. I had problems and u still do now just like everyone else. To say that you are not worthy to enter into the temple because of a struggle you have is to deny the great and eternal atonement of Jesus Christ, ye It is to say that His love is not Infinite, it is imposing a finite standard on an eternal, and divine, loving Heavenly Father who knows you perfectly and wants you to be happy, and who wants you to return to him. When you're struggling the temple is EXACTLY where you need to be, God does not abandon us in our hardest trials, that is when we can find his power the most, that is when we need it the most, so do not deny yourself his help. Do not tell yourself that you're not worthy. Let him help you, go to the temple, come unto Christ. The qualification for a temple visit is your desire to follow Christ, it is your desire to improve and grow. Satan is the one telling you that you have to be better now, whereas Christ says come as you are and let me help you become better. Your desire to improve and grow closer to God is what makes you worthy of a Temple Visit. Do not get lost aimlessly trying to become better on your own when you could be going to the Holy House of The Lord, he loves you, there is never a better place to be in the midst of your trials, there is no better place for peace from the world, for answers to your questions, there is no greater help than there is the temple. God gave them to us so that we can grow closer to him, so use them, they here to help us improve, not there for us when we have nothing left to improve on. I invite you all to plan a temple trip soon. To go with a question in mind that you want to be answered, to go with the knowledge of your Savior's and God's great and eternal love for you, they love you so much. Don't ever impose a standard on yourself when God has already stated his own. He knows your struggles and hardships and he wants to help, so let him, we all need his help, we all need to feel his love. Stop running from it and start running to the Savior for his help. As you do this i can testify that he will help you in your trials, and you will find peace. These things are true, and I bare witness to them in the name of our loving Savior Jesus Christ Amen.
1. DC in a makeshift tent
2. Idk what kind of statue this is
3. Idk


Comments
Post a Comment