Ch. 35 : Ackerman's Funeral, Culture Night, Elder Chandler!

 Thursday June 13, 2024

Hey, this was a pretty eventful but sad and exciting week, and in next weeks email I'll go more into it. It was the last week of the transfer, we all worked hard as a district and got a lot of work done. Friday was Sister Ackermans "Funeral". No, she didn't actually die, it's just something missionaries here do where we have a fake funeral for missionaries who are going home. I wrote a parody to the song "Payphone" and sang it at the funeral. After the funeral, we had a culture night where tons of people from all over the world came to. We had a Sri Lankan dancing group come and perform for us, it was awesome. Afterwards we all decided as a district to do some karaoke together, it was super fun. We had transfer calls this week too. I'm going to stay in Turku as DL and Vanhin Chandler is going to be my companion! I don't know if I talked about him while i was in MTC, but I absolutely love the guy and he's a really hard worker and overall awesome guy, I'm so excited. This week had a lot of V booking, which is basically just missionary year booking but for transfers. We had pur final P day today, we decided to just hang out as a district and have fun. I'm really going to miss these people, they are all so awesome and God is so proud of them and their work. This transfer had a lot of hard times, but it was so rewarding, I would easily go back and do it all again. These people are amazing, and they're going to do so many amazing things, I can't wait to see them grow in the future. Finnish is coming along, I'm excited for this transfer since me and Chandler are about the same level so we're going to have to grow together which is going to be awesome. I'm really excited to see what this transfer brings.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 2: The Traveling Tie Vendor (the MTC)

Chapter 3: Elder Andersen Visit!

Chapter 24: The Snow Strikes Back! The Legend of Kasun, Learning Russian?