Chapter 28: Little Fire in the Big City (If you know, you know), Interesting Development, Legend of the Weights, KFC

 Tuesday April 15, 2024

Alright everyone, this week has been great (other than leaving Hyvinkää which was an L)  Tri actually came and said goodbye, which wasn't fun.  Saying bye to Suman was an L too, but I'm glad he's staying in Hyvinkää.   He's going to really bless that place.  I really miss Hyvinkää but Turku is fun, although its so different, since Hyvinkää was a very spread out little town, whereas Turku is a massive city.  We've been doing a lot of finding since Aatos' trainer really wasn't into it I guess, and also because I'm a street rat and its great.  We've had a lot of fun here.  Since Aatos and I were friends back in Hyvinkää before he started his mission, it made the switch fairly easy,  and since he's a gym rat life is good.  We have so much weights it's epic and we actually pulled off a successful contact by saying to these people that if we beat them in a bench press contest they had to listen to our message.  After that we had splits with Elders Olson,  and O'Bryan.  That was a lot of fun and we got a lot of contacts.  On Saturday me and Aatos helped the Sisters and their Greenies get in.  Sister Christensen is training Sister Helske (who's Finnish), and Sister Ackerman is Training Sister Nelson.  This district is epic and we're all gonna have a lot of fun this transfer.  We all went to a DA yesterday.  When it was done, we got Mudcake Galore which was dope, also perhaps the most based thing in Turku is the Fact that there's a KFC here.  It's actually really great, or maybe I just miss American fast food.  Another cool thing about Turku is that you meet people from all over all the time, and even more so than in Hyvinkää.  Because there's all these different people, there's so much variety during street contacting, and also a lot of epic restaurants!  My Finnish is improving a lot, I can basically understand everything someone says to me on the streets, and Aatos is helping me with my speech, so life is great!


Overall a pretty chill week, we about to raid the Muumi Shop today and the music shop (I want a harmonica again) after this push day workout we're about to do, so love y'all take care and be safe!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 2: The Traveling Tie Vendor (the MTC)

Chapter 3: Elder Andersen Visit!

Chapter 24: The Snow Strikes Back! The Legend of Kasun, Learning Russian?