Chapter 27: Farewell Hyvinkää, Until We Meet Again, Hello Turku, TONI, Helmikko day, General conference!
Tuesday, April 9, 2024
Hey everyone, this week has been quite the experience with a lot of highs and sadness in the end. For starters We got transfer calls this week. We were on splits in Tampere when it happened, and so were the other Tampere elders, so In total there was 10 missionaries In Tampere at once and we had a good time. When the call came me and Suman were first. Elder Suman is Staying in Hyvinkää and training, While I'm going to a city called Turku with Aatos! Turku is the oldest city in Finland and the old capital too, Turku also has a Muumiland (Disney land but Muumi) so i'm hyped for that, there's also a MUUMI Shop there that has everything on a big sale since they're closing it soon, so me and Aatos are gonna go there pretty fast. Me and Aatos are hyped to be comps in a day. He immediately called me and we talked about how epic this transfer is going to be. So we're really excited. I'm also going to be the DL in Turku, i'll have 3 companionships I'm serving, the district itself looks really good, there's a lot of good missionaries here, and both Sister companionships in Turku are getting a trainee so that's gonna be fun. Here in Hyvinkää our friend Toni just asked to be baptized so we're getting him ready for that. There's going to be a lot of baptisms here next transfer. Hyvinkää is truly a blessed land. I'm really sad to leave this place, I love these people so much, this is the best ward In the world! We had a party for our recent converts hitting their 1 year marks yesterday, they loved it and it went really well. It was great to see them all there. Afterwards I said my goodbyes to them all. Hyvinkää is going to have a special place in my heart, its definitely where I'm coming after the mission. Truly a choice land above all else. It's crazy how fast time is flying, it doesn't feel like I've been out that long and yet I'm already a 1/4 done with my mission, and at the same time, I can't remember life before the mission too well. I wish that time would slow down a bit, because it's going too fast. Through it all, I'm excited for Turku, its going to be fun with Aatos, we're going to be doing a lot of lifting . General conference was amazing this year, it was so good to hear from Elder Holland again, although his remark about him being alive for days or months was not very reassuring of him , we had a watch party for the Saturday morning session here, the YSA showed up which was great, its funny how we were watching the Saturday MORNING session live at 19 here . Alright, I love you guys, take care.

Comments
Post a Comment