Chapter 10: The Arrival, FINLAND!, The right foot do creep
Monday December 11, 2023
YOOOOOOO WHATS GOOD YOU LOVELY PEOPLE, a lot has happened this week as I'm sure none of you are surprised, so on Thursday last week we wake up and get our luggage and head on down to the travel office where we get all of our bus, train, and plane tickets, we then make our way over to the airport via train and bus, I cannot tell you how weird it felt not being in the MTC and being beyond the walls after being stuck in them for 2 months. Anyways in the airport we had actually food again, and by actual food I mean panda express and Cafe rio, since we got there at the time we did we had 4 hours to wait until our flight so ya I munched hard. We met the Czechs there because they were coming with us on our first flight so we didn't have to say goodbye yet. The plane had three columns which was sick, but what wasn't sick was the fact that my ticket had me not sit next to anyone in my district or near the Czechs, instead I sat alone while they were all together which was a big bummer but whatever. The flight was 9 hours, so not as bad as we all thought it was going to be but still it's 9 hours, and I'm proud to say I didn't fall asleep for a second of it, i sat next to this girl from India and she was really nice so W passenger buddy. She was also a W for watching Big Hero 6 with subtitles on so I was an apostate without really being an apostate, btw an apostate is just someone we call who breaks the rules, so like watching movies and all jazz, but I definitely became an apostate when I found out they had 70s-00's music on there. So eventually we arrive to France (the land of desolation), fog absolutely everywhere to the point we couldn't see outside the windows very well. The France airport was pretty cool for the most part other than the workers fighting eachother over what to do with the Czechs because they missed they're flight since the fog messed with the plane and there was a plane ahead of us that just wasn't moving so we were on the ground for a while not doing anything, but don't worry the Czechs were able to get another flight and headed on their way, Imma miss those goofy Czechs, they're all gonna do great on their missions, so in the airport in France I was just chilling right, but then tragedy struck when my nose absolutely just died and blood started coming out like a faucet, it was a tragic moment. After getting that all cleaned up we headed for the Finland plane and saw some actual finnish people, ngl they didn't appreciate us very much but what can you do, the others on the plane were some epic people though. I was fighting for my life trying not to fall asleep on this airplane and I think I did for a bit here and there but overall I didn't really. So we get to the airport and are struggling to find directions but eventually we get to our Mission President and his Wife who are super awesome. The AP's were also there to help us out and we got our luggage and loaded it up in the van and started driving. Our first stop was the Helsinki Temple which is such a beautiful one, idk like it might rival the Phoenix AZ for the best (BTW these are the only two valid opinions of what the best temple is, all other opinions are wrong). Oh btw it was already snowing a lot as expected but ya, A LOT of snow. Next we made our way over to the Mission Home and had a fire dinner there, can I tell you what it was? No I cannot, but can I tell you it was good? Yes I absolutely could, and I can also show you what it was too, the food was absolutely amazing that they made for us. Next we each had interviews with the mission president so we could talk to him and tell him a bit about ourselves and that stuff. Then we just got some rest and let me tell you I was ready for it because without sleeping for the entire trip here,I would get no jet lag and boy did it work, I woke up full of energy and ready for the day. We all packed up the house and headed to the stake center where we got
- HYVINKÄÄ - 
, but I just thought that was funny, later that day we went tracking and were unsuccessful but still a great experience, we also did do some street contacting on the way back home and actually got to give someone a Light the World card which was cool. For the last part of the day we did some social media work and I had my first Member dinner with none other than The GOAT himself Aatos and his Family, they made some type of chicken and rice which was so good, we talked for like over an hour just getting to know each other before sharing our message but its good to get those connections early, after that we headed on home for the night and woke up and here I am, so that's all for this week, Finland is the best place on Earth I'm convinced, I really don't have any complaints, I love this place and people with all of my heart, we're getting ready to teach some friends or as some of you may call them investigators pretty soon so we're hyped for that. I LOVE YOU ALL, HAVE A GREAT WEEK 




Comments
Post a Comment